Friday, June 26, 2015

Roosters Restaurant, Jensen Beach FL

I havent posted in quite a while. Life has gotten busy in a good way and many new and exciting adventures on my plate. However today I used the book with a girlfriend of mine and I hesitated choosing the restaurant we did but she assured me it was very good. My past experience with the items I ordered were disappointing. Thinking maybe they changed I opted to try it again.
She ordered a breakfast meal and I ordered the special of the day Quiche. She was suppose to get fresh fruit between two pieces of challa bread French Toast topped with whipped cream. The choice of sides for my Bacon Quiche was tomato, french fries or coleslaw.
This restaurant is known for bringing warm crumb cake to the table instead of rolls. We asked about that and they reported they ran out. When we ordered they announced there were no strawberries, bananas or whipped cream to go with her French Toast my friend inquired about. This was an $8.50 menu item. They did have blueberries and when she put some on my plate some were a bit shriveled which made me think old?. My Quiche came and it tasted like the middle was made of eggs and rice, my friend tried it and agreed it was dry and spongy inside. I could barely get my fork trhough it to section a piece off. I sent it back and got a BLT and asked if I could have French Fries with my sandwich they told me NO since I already had 2 slices of tomato as a side with the quiche and I could not have another side. My friend spoke up and told her that was not good customer service since I didn't eat the quiche and had to wait for them to prepare a replacement. . We got the you want to speak to the manager response. I said to my friend, just let it go!
There was another couple nearby who were there for the first time and they were out of spinach for the item she ordered.  They didn't look very happy either.
A year ago  the amount of food was disappointing, this time the food I ordered was not worth the price in my humble opinion. In all fairness my friend did enjoy the French Toast but lamented about not having more fruit or whipped cream or warm crumb cake. We left saying we would never go back and I suspect the other couple after some more conversation came to the same conclusion.
This may be a great place for a breakfast of eggs and homefries or French Toast, and maybe the omelets would be really yummy, but I am not a satisfied customer as of today.
The prices were kind of high for the quality and amount of food.
I wondered if they would survive.  I thought something must be seriously wrong when they are out of items for the meals on the menu.
I dont know what its like to run a restaurant and I try not to criticize my neighbor till I walked a mile in their moccasins, but the energy and attitude of those in there did nothing to encourage me giving them a third chance.
If you eat there go with the simple foods that are easy to prepare and be forewarned that you might be missing a few of the items in the menu description.
I imagine breakfast is great there but then again what I imagine and what is reality may be two different things.
Of course we used the coupon from the book upfront, maybe that made a difference. Whatever transpired it was a disappointing lunch adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment